“Our plan to rebuild”
UK Government update‘Our Plan to Rebuild’
The UK government has updated its advice on outdoor activity, after evidence showed the “risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside”.
• From Wednesday 13 May 2020 “people may exercise outside as many times each day as they wish,” the document says, as opposed to just for one hour, as was previously the rule.
• For example, this includes angling and tennis.
• People can only exercise with up to one person from outside their household – this means people should not play team sports, except with members of your own household.
• Anyone meeting with someone outside their household should stay two metres away from them.
• People are still not able to use areas like playgrounds, outdoor gyms or ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces.
• People may also “drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance”, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there.