18 May 2020
UK Government update
Covid-19 – further guidance regarding relaxing of restrictions.
In addition to the updated ‘safer access to green space’ guidance shared on 13 May 2020 the following information has now also published:
- The updated safer access to green space guidance links to an updated FAQ outlining what you can and can’t do
- The new stay safe outdoors video on the DEFRA Twitter account also appears on Facebook
- A joint press release between DEFRA and MHCLG links to both DEFRA’s safer access to green space guidance and MHCLG’s safer public spaces guidance
- DCMS guidance on phased return of sport and recreation includes encouragement to follow the countryside code
- An updated countryside code video appears on the Natural England Twitter account
- An Environment Agency press release plus supporting social media informs anglers that fishing is now allowed and advises on how to fish safely
- Forestry England has updated their online visitor information
- A video link from DEFRA’s twitter feed.
Additionally, Natural England’s operational note provides further advice including on public rights of way and on its sites and facilities, and will be updated as and when advice is revised.